I recently noticed a few posts about the One Lovely Blog Awards, but I’ve been so busy with my secret sewing projects and pattern testing, that I didn’t have a chance to dig into what it was all about. That changed the other day when I got an email from Sola, of Alice Samuel’s Quilt Co., letting me know she was nominating me and my blog!! Then I got another note yesterday from Sharon of Yellow Cat Quilt Designs that she was also nominating me! I’m feeling the love!
If you’re like me and are new to this, here’s how it all plays out. If you are nominated, you need to first send an email to the person who nominated you thanking them for the nomination. I have already reached out personally to Sola and Sharon, but I want to thank them both again for thinking of me! It really is an honour and truly made my day when I got their notes! Please do hop over and show Sola and Sharon some love. Like me, they’re relatively new to blogging and each new visit and comment is just so encouraging. Let’s share the love :)
Anyone who blogs knows there are many, many hours that go into the creation of a blog. From concept, to preparation, execution and publication there are lots of details and steps to think of. So to know that you are loving my posts makes all that hard work seriously worthwhile!
There are some rules tied to this nomination, including:
- Thank the person who nominated you, and give a link to their blog.
- List the rules.
- Display the image of the award on your post.
- List 7 facts about yourself.
- Nominate (up to) 15 bloggers for this award, and notify them to let them know you have nominated them.
- I’m a painter. Well, a closet painter in any event! I love painting abstract art. I have been painting since I was in elementary school when my mum sent me for private art lessons. I was introduced to lots of different mediums and to this day I can still remember the way I felt holding my paint brush and trying to figure out how to paint whatever still life my teacher was challenging me with that day. It was often the highlight of my week and was far better than the piano lessons I was also taking at the time ;) I’ve been dabbling with painting on fabric, which is a whole different experience and one I’ve been really enjoying exploring.
- I’m an animal lover. I have such empathy and love for animals of all kinds and I get really emotional when any animals are hurt in movies. We’re talking instant ugly cry face kind of emotional reaction, it’s not pretty! LOL.
- I’m an introvert. Yup, this one surprises many people. I’m seen as really outgoing and friendly, which is true, but that’s because I’ve learned to push myself beyond my comfort zone. I’m a total homebody and cherish my alone time. I guess that’s why I loved living on my own in Japan many moons ago ;)
- I love sharing and helping others. I guess this is in part what has drawn me to blogging, the ability to share my knowledge and passion so others can benefit from it too! I always say sharing is caring :)
- I have a birthmark smack dab in the middle of my cheek. I often forget it’s there, until someone points it out. It changes colours from a light pink to a deep raspberry (which is most likely why my mum nicknamed it my raspberry) and people have gone years without noticing it. I’m cool with it, until someone licks their finger and tries to “wipe off” what they think is a lipstick stain!
- I love driving! I probably get this from my dad who is an ex race car driver. I have really fond memories of sitting in his lap under the age of 5 and steering. Next up was learning to shift from the passenger seat, oh how I loved that! Before finally graduating to driving the car myself when I was 11. Young I know, but we were in the safety of a large parking lot and my dad and I had spent years talking about what to look for when driving, how to take turns, when to speed up, when to slow down. I’ll never forget that feeling of successfully getting out of first gear without stalling!
- This one is not so new, but I am a total foodie. I went to cooking school before heading to university and, looking back, I probably should have gone to pastry school as I am the official baker for my family. I just love baking and eating sweets!
Now for the fun of sharing some love and nominating several of my favourite bloggers, including:
- Izzy from Dizzy Quilts – I am always amazed at how many projects she accomplishes on a regular basis. Something to aspire to!
- Stephanie from Queen of Wands Studio – Steph has a great sense of humour and I just love how happy I always feel after reading her posts. Her last one about “pork gobbler” was priceless ;)
- Amanda from Gypsy Moon Quilt Co. – I love her 5 Things Friday, a great reminder of how the simple things in life can bring true happiness.
- Jayne from Twiggy and Opal – Jayne always has a really interesting project on the go which inevitably challenges me to think outside the box. Like her recent post on adding layers of batting to make certain sections of a quilt really pop out – genius!
- Allison from Woodberry Way – I just love how happy and bright her quilt designs are, sure to cheer you up!
- Suzy from Suzy Quilts – she’s also a hoot and her posts are super fun to read and you always walk away learning something new :)
I hope you have a chance to explore these ladies’ blogs and show them some love!